Raymond Erickson: The Worlds Of Johann Sebastian Bach
Usually ships in 24 hours.
- Raymond Erickson (Editor), J.S. Bach (Artist)
- Hal Leonard
- No. Pages:
The Worlds Of J.S. Bach offers both traditional and new perspectives on the life and work of the man who is arguably the central figure in the Western musical tradition.
It appears at a time when, because of the fall of the Iron Curtain, extraordinary new discoveries are being made about Bach and his family at an increasing rate - thus this book is able to incorporate important information and images not available even in the anniversary year of 2000.
- Makes accessible in English much recent German-language scholarship on Bach.
- Incorporates the latest important discoveries concerning Bach, including, with illustrations, an unknown aria and the oldest known autograph manuscript by the composer at age 15.
- Contains biographical information not found in any of the standard reference works and other biographies.
- Over 200 black-and-white and colour illustrations with detailed captions both support and extend the content of the essays.