The Early Music Shop is committed to the highest level of security commercially available. To keep sensitive information safe:
- We use the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) on areas of the site where you are entering personal or payment information. This means that this information is encrypted between your computer and ours, and no one else can normally decipher it. You can tell that you are in a secure area of The Early Music Shop because the URL in your browser's Address Bar starts with https://, rather than http://, and there is a small padlock displayed at the bottom of your browser window. See the figures below:
in secure mode
in secure mode
- Our encryption is the strongest commercially available - 128K - and is approved by the authorities and financial institutions.
- Additionally, an independent, trusted third party - in this case VeriSign - has issued us with a certificate which proves our right to use the domain name musicroom.com in a secure environment, and who can clarify that we are who we say we are. Click on the logo below if you would like to verify this.
- Because we use online credit card authorisation, your card details get transmitted directly and securely to the bank for processing. Therefore even The Early Music Shop staff do not see your card details (unless arranging a credit), making them even safer.
- When you set up your account with The Early Music Shop, we do not ask for your credit card details. Instead we ask that you enter your card details for every purchase. This means that if someone discovers your account information, or your password, they do not have access to your credit card details.
We believe that shopping online with The Early Music Shop - with the carefully thought-out procedures mentioned above - is as safe or safer than using a credit card over the telephone or in a restaurant.
If you have any questions about security at The Early Music Shop please email them to email@example.com.